The NICOMENTHYL®, already appreciated for its functions as a powerful activator of the cutaneous microcirculation and pleasant hot-cold sensorial agent, has also shown to have an effect
HIGHLY PROTECTIVE, ANTIOXIDANT, ANTI-POLLUTION, DETOX, REPAIRING
Its exceptional high degree of penetration through the skin barrier and its high transdermal delivery of niacin (vitamin B3) make NICOMENTHYL®
THE MOST POWERFUL AND SAFE
SKIN DETOX AGENT
so far known
Recent scientific studies have confirmed that NICOMENTHYL® is the ideal active ingredient for all those cosmetic applications aiming at SAFE, RAPID AND EFFECTIVE SKIN DETOX and ANTIPOLLUTION PROTECTION.
IN VITRO EFFICACY STUDY
EVALUATION OF THE PROTECTIVE, ANTIOXIDANT, ANTIPOLLUTION AND DETOXIFYING EFFICACY OF NICOMENTHYL®
The study was aimed to investigate the protective, antioxidant and detoxifying efficacy of the cosmetic active ingredient NICOMENTHYL® in a biological experimental model (in vitro culture of human keratinocytes) against four damaging agents, particularly:
- UV Radiations: UVB, UVA, visible and infrared radiation, emitted by Sun Simulator Suntest CPS+ (total energy irradiated 300 J/m2);
- Oxidant agent: H2O2, used at 50μM in the culture medium for 24 hours, 25 μM in the culture medium for 72 hours;
- Urban dust: certified urban particulate material, mixture of PAHs, PCB, pesticides, with average PM 10 used at 0.25% in the culture medium for 24 hours, used at 0.125% in the culture medium for 72 hours;
- Synthetic smoke: mixture of nicotine, cadmium, formaldehyde and ethylcarbamate in equal parts used at 0.00125% in the culture medium for 24 hours, used at 0.0006% in the culture medium for 72 hours.
The protective and detoxifying efficacy was evaluated by measuring cell viability (MTT assay), cell metabolism (Lowry assay), oxidative damage (MDA dosage), activity of glutathione transferase (GST activity), after exposure to each damaging agent.
Experimental protocol includes:
- negative control (CTR-), untreated;
- positive control (CTR+), treated with damage agents
The evaluation of the efficacy of the test substance was achieved after the acute stress induction (24 hours single exposure) and after repeated induction (72 hours for urban dust, synthetic smoke and H2O2, or 3 UV exposure cycles, at 24 hours intervals from each other).
For the sake of brevity and ease of interpretation, the protective efficacy of the product against the different stress agents under consideration is presented in the form of the most significant and representative four plots concerning each parameter under investigation:
Nicomenthyl® completely preserves cell viability in human epidermal keratinocytes culture exposed to UV radiation.
Nicomenthyl® fully protects and significantly increases metabolism in human epidermal keratinocytes culture exposed to oxidant agent.
Nicomenthyl® fully protects and reduce basal lipoperoxide content in human epidermal keratinocytes culture exposed to synthetic cigarette smoke.
Nicomenthyl® significantly increase GST activity in human epidermal keratinocytes culture exposed to urban dust.
These new discoveries place NICOMENTHYL® at the cutting edge of the Science of Cosmetics and open new horizons over a broad scenario of innovative and powerful applications, aiming at the achievement of the most basic and important cosmetic claim:
SKIN BARRIER INTEGRITY, RECOVERY AND ENHANCEMENT
and make it particularly indicated for anti-pollution, detox, anti-aging, anti-free radicals skin care products; hair loss prevention treatments, sun care products.