Nicomenthyl 20 is a niacin (vitamin B3) derivative, composed of pure Menthyl nicotinate (purity grade > 99.0 %).
It is rapidly absorbed through the skin barrier and slowly hydrolyzed by esterase into its two original components: niacin and menthol. Such beneficial, simultaneous and time-release delivery of niacin and menthol into the skin, controls, modulates and prevents the excessive niacin-flush effect, without causing irritations or sensitizations, meanwhile providing a long-lasting fresh tingling sensation.
In vivo tests have shown that it very significantly activates skin microcirculation, making it the ideal ingredient in antiage, cellulite and hair growth treatments.
Recommended dosage in Face Products: 0.5 – 1%. In Body Products: 0.5 – 3%. In Special Products (intensive treatments): up to 5%.
Product name: Nicomenthyl® 20
INCI name: Menthyl nicotinate
CAS Number: 40594-65-8
Appearance: colorless liquid
Odor: characteristic, practically odorless at room temperature
Solubility: insoluble in water; soluble in ethanol, fatty oils, esters.
- Skin microcirculation enhancer
- Bioprotective against UV damages
- Protecting the skin against harmful effects from external factors.
- Anti-age, anti free-radicals and anti-pollutant, skin detox formulations
- Sun care products (pre, during and after-sun exposure)
- Hair loss prevention treatment
- Cellulitis treatment
- Sport products
- Spa treatment products
- Refreshing/ reactivating products for feet and legs
- Intimate hygiene products
- Lip plumping treatments
- Pre- or after-shave products
- Massage body lotions
- Baby products
- Oral care products and treatments